Seminars & Webinars
Within the EURASIP Seminars program, financial support up to 1000 Euro from EURASIP can be obtained for inviting a speaker to deliver a lecture at the organiser’s institution. The invited speaker should have a strong link to EURASIP, such as for example EURASIP Fellows or Society Awardees.
Information for Prospective Seminar Organisers
If you are interested in organising a EURASIP Seminar, please contact the EURASIP Director for Technical Programs and Membership by email.
Within the EURASIP Seminars program, financial support of 500 Euro can be obtained from EURASIP for the speaker to deliver high quality research webinars for the Signal Processing Community EURASIP. The invited speaker should have a strong link to EURASIP.
Information for Prospective Webinar Organisers
If you are interested in organising a EURASIP Webinar, please identify the most appropriate Technical Area Committee and email the Chair of the TAC outlining the topic for the webinar and the speaker.
Download here the consent form to share the recorded materials.
- Rémi Gribonval (France), Approximation with sparsely connected deep networks (link), 29 October 2018, Fornebu, Norway.
- Majid Ahmadi (University of Windsor, Canada), Mau-Chung Frank Chang (National Chiao Tung University, Hsinchu, Taiwan), Jiwu Huang (Shenzhen University, China) and more, RTSP 2017 EURASIP tutorial day, 10 – 11 July 2017, Bucharest, Romania.
- Shlomo Shamai (Technion, Israel), Cloud and Fog Radio Access Networks: An Information Theoretic View, 15 March 2017, Berlin, Germany.
- Björn Ottersten (University of Luxembourg), Gerhard Fettweis (Technical University Dresden & Vodafone), Giuseppe Caire (Technical University Berlin), Petar Popovski (Aalborg University), Vincent Lau (Hong Kong University of Science and Technology), Robert Heath (University of Texas at Austin), David Gesbert (EURECOM), and Mérouane Debbah (Supélec & Huawei), 2016 Tyrrhenian International Workshop on Digital Communications (TIW16), 11 – 14 September 2016, Livorno, Tuscany, Italy.
- Romain Couillet (Supelec) Merouane Debbah (Supelec & Huawei), Mario Figueiredo (IST) Georgios Giannakis (University Minnesota) Stephane Mallat (ENS) and Alain Rakotomamonjy (University Rouen), EURASIP Statistics, Optimization, and Signal Processing (STATOS) (link), 02 September 2016, Budapest, Hungary (right after EUSIPCO).
- Mérouane Debbah (The role of Asymptotics in 5G), Luiz DaSilva (Spectrum and Infrastructure Sharing in Wireless Networks), Joint IEEE-EURASIP 3rd Spanish workshop on Signal Processing, Information Theory and Communication (SIC’16), EURASIP Liaison: Matilde Sánchez Fernández, 28-29 January 2016, Salón de Grados, Escuela Técnica Superior de Ingeniería (ETSI) Universidad de Sevilla, Spain.
- Dr. Henrique MALVAR, Prof. Julius O. SMITH, III and Kurt Werner, Prof. Ioan TĂBUȘ, Prof. Alessandro NERI, Prof. André KAUP, Prof. Erchin SERPEDIN, Prof. Wonyong SUNG, Prof. Yoshikazu MIYANAGA, Prof. David ALLSTOT, Prof. Guoan BI, RTSP 2015 – EURASIP Tutorial Day (following the program available at RTSP2015 Program), EURASIP Liaison: Corneliu Rusu, 06 July 2015, Grand Hotel Napoca, Cluj-Napoca, Rumania.
- Prof. Gabriel Caffarena, Prof. Roberto Sierra, Prof. Ricardo Gómez, Prof. Pedro Guerra, Hardware Design of DSP Systems, EURASIP Liaison: Gabriel Caffarena, 29 April 2015, Universidad San Pablo-CEU, E.P.S., Urb. Monteprincipe, Boadilla del Monte, 28668, Madrid, Spain.
- Evita Fotinea, Vassilis Katsouros, Third Greek Signal Processing Jam (SP-JAM3) in honour of George Carayannis, EURASIP Liaison: Constantine Kotropoulos, 20 April 2015, “Leonidas Zervas” amphitheatre, National Hellenic Research Foundation, Athens, Greece.
- R. Urbanke and F. Willems, Joint IEEE-EURASIP Spanish Seminar on Signal Processing, Communications and Information Theory, EURASIP Liaison: Matilde Sánchez (link), 10 – 11 December 2014, Univ. Carlos III, Madrid, Spain.
- Prof. Mads Græsbøll Christensen, Statistical Parametric Speech Modeling EURASIP Liaison: Daniele Giacobello, 11 November 2014, Beats Electronics (Apple), 8600 Hayden Place, Culver City, CA 90232, United States.
- Dipl.-Ing. Dr. techn. Wilfried Gappmair, Parameter estimation and synchronization in digital satellite receivers, 19 September 2014, CTTC Auditorium, Graz University of Technology, Austria.
- Prof. Sergios Theodoridis, “Pattern Recognition: Principles and Beyond” (2nd IEEE SPS Italy Chapter Summer School on Signal Processing), EURASIP Liaison: Marco Carli (link), 11 July 2014, Frascati, Italy.
- Anton Nijholt, “The 10th International Summer Workshop on Multimodal Interfaces” – SAM 2014 (Talk Information), 13 June 2014, Bilbao, Spain.
- Satoshi Nakamura, “Multilingual automatic speech recognition” (4th International Workshop on Spoken Language Technologies for Under-resourced Languages – SLTU’14), EURASIP Liaison: Alexey Karpov (Report), 14-16 May 2014, SPIIRAS, St. Petersburg, Russia.
- Prof. Miller Puckette (UCSD San Diego), Marc Leman (UGHENT), Christophe d’Alessandro (LIMSI CNRS Paris), Sébastien Roy (UMONTREAL), “CUTE 2014 masterclasses” (CUTE), EURASIP Liaison: T. Dutoit, 12 – 15 March 2014, Numediart Institute, 31 Bdv Dolez, Mons, Belgium.
- Antonio Napolitano, “Doppler Effect on Almost-Cyclostationary Signals”, 12 – 14 February 2014, Technical University of Krakow, Poland.
- Abdelhak Zoubir, “Robust Statistics for Signal Processing”, Organizer: M. Barni (EURASIP Local Liaison) and A. Piva, 2 September 2013, Riotorto Livorno, Italy.
- Anil K. Jain, “International Workshop on Bioinformatics and Forensics (IWBF 2013)”, Organizer: Paulo Correia (IST-IT, Lisbon, Portugal), (slides), 4 – 5 April 2013, Instituto Superior Técnico (IST) Congress Center, Lisbon, Portugal.
- C. Pedreira, Madhav P. Desai, “IV EURASIP Seminar on Hardware Design of DSP Systems – Biomedical Signals: from neurons to custom processing hardware”, Organizer: Gabriel Caffarena (Univ. San Pablo), 6 March 2013, Escuela Politécnica Superior Universidad San Pablo CEU, Madrid, Spain.
- Sara Rosenblum (University of Haifa, Israel), Eurasip Seminar on online handwriten analysis. Organizer: Marcos Faundez-Zanuy, 12 February 2013, Aula 103, Tecnocampus, Avda. Ernest Lluch 32, 08302 Mataró (Barcelona), Spain.
- Enrico Magli (Politecnico di Torino, Italy), Two-day workshop on Sparse Models and Machine Learning: “Compressed sensing for distributed communications”, Organizer: Rémi Gribonval, Local Liaison Officer: Aline Roumy, 15 October 2012, INRIA Rennes, Campus de Beaulieu, 35042 Rennes cedex, France.
- Steve Young (University of Cambridge, UK), Recent Developments in Statistical Dialogue Systems (report, slides), 27 September 2012, Technische Universität Braunschweig, Institute for Communications Technology, Braunschweig, Germany.
- Paul Van Dooren, Adaptive matrix factorizations and their use in tracking of dominant subspaces, Organizer: Laudadio Teresa, Local Liaison: Nicola Mastronardi (slides1, slides2), 27 – 31 Augustus 2012, Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche, via Amendola 122D, Bari, Italy.
- A. Katsaggelos, A. Likas, I. Pitas, Y. Eldar, G. Giannakis, N. Kalouptsidis, C. Kotropoulos, 2nd Greek Signal Processing Jam, Organizer: Kostas Kotropoulos (slides, photos), Lecture videos are available by the host institution, 17 May 2012, Aristotle University, Thessaloniki, Greece.
- Zabih Ghassemlooy (Northumbria University), Visible Light Communications (presentation), Organizer: Erich Leitgeb (poster of event), 11 May 2012, TU Graz, Austria.
- Abdelhak M. Zoubir (Technische Universität Darmstadt), EURASIP funded seminar on “Robust Statistics for Signal Processing”, Organizer: Marc Moonen, 3 May 2012, Aula van de Tweede Hoofdwet, KU Leuven, Thermotechnisch Instituut, Kasteelpark Arenberg 41, Leuven – Heverlee, Belgium.
- Karen Egiazarian and Vladimir Katkovnik (Tampere University of Technology), Block Matching 3-D (BM3D) image modeling and novel variational image reconstruction techniques, Organizer: COMLAB, (seminar report), 2 May 2012, Aula Magna Università degli Studi Roma TRE, Roma, Italy.
- Sergios Theodoridis (U. of Athens), Adaptive Learning for Machine Learning and Signal Processing: An efficient Unifying Framework for Classification and Regression tasks (slides), Organizer: Markus Rupp, 11 April 2012, Technische Universität Wien, Vienna, Austria.
- Prof. Mihaela van der Schaar, Repeated games and engineering economics (slides), Organizer: Beatrice Pesquet-Popescu, 15 – 16 March 2012, Telecom Paris-Tech, Paris, France.
- Eduardo Boemo & Ruzica Jectiv, Hardware Design of DSP Systems: Low-Power Design (report), Organizer: Gabriel Caffarena (slides1, slides2), 8 February 2012, Universidad San Pablo – CEU, Madrid, Spain.
- Dr. Simon Dixon (U. of Queen Mary, London), Automatic Transcription: An Enabling Technology for Music Analysis (slides), First International Workshop on Folk Music Analysis: Symbolic and Signal Processing, Organizer: Aggelos Pikrakis, 19 May 2011, Old University of Athens, Plaka, Athens, Greece.
- J.A. Lopez, G. Sutter, EURASIP Seminar on Hardware Design of DSP Systems, Organizer: Gabriel Caffarena, 27 April 2011, Universidad San Pablo CEU, Madrid, Spain.
- Prof. Mihaela van der Schaar (UCLA), Shannon revisited:New separation principles for wireless multimedia (slides #1, slides #2), Organizer: Beatrice Pesquet-Popescu, 21 March 2011, Télécom ParisTech, Paris, France.
- Prof. Martin Vetterli (EPFL), Sampling Theory and Practice: 50 Ways to Sample Your Signal, Organizer: Akihiko K. Sugiyama (slides), images: image 1, image 2, image 3, 25 November 2010, Nara Women’s University, Nara, Japan (Map, link).
- Dr. Anthony Vetro, (MERL), Secure Biometrics, Organizer: Paulo Lobato Correia (slides), 15 November 2010, IST-Portugal, Loures, Portugal.
- Prof. Alan Willsky (MIT), Research in MIT’s Laboratory for Information and Decision Systems (LIDS) and in The Stochastic Systems Group, Organizer: Müjdat Cetin (slides, photos), 02 November 2010, Sabanci University, Tuzla/Istanbul, Turkey.
- Dr. Josef Kittler (U. of Surrey), Information fusion in content-based retrieval from multimedia databases, Organizer: Ali Salah (Univ. of Amsterdam), slides, report, 04 August 2010, University of Amsterdam, Science Park, Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
- Prof. Tim Davidson (U. of McMaster), Enriching the art of engineering design via convex optimization, Organizer: Mounir Ghogho (Leeds Univ.), presentation, 23 June 2010, Marrakech, Morocco.
- Prof. Georgios B. Giannakis (U. of Minnesota), Distributed and sequential sensing of spatio-temporal spectra for cognitive radios, Organizer: Fulvio Gini (Univ. of Pisa), presentation, 14 June 2010, Elba Island, Italy.
- Various Industry, Eurasip Seminar on Hardware Design of DSP Systems, Organizer: Gabriel Caffarena (Univ. San Pablo), 6 May 2010, San Pablo-CEU, Madrid, Spain.
- Riccardo Leonardi, The audio-visual message: structure and emotion: The talk was given within the context of GDR ISIS Groupement De Recherche ISIS “Scalable and cross-media indexing of multimedia content”, Organization: G. Quenot, J. Benois-Pineau, M. Cord, H. Bredin, GDR CNRS ISIS, announcement, presentation, 26 November, 2009, ENST, Paris, France.
- Renato De Mori, Sergios Theodoridis, Nikos Sidiropoulos, Costantine Kotropoulos, Petros Maragos, Kostas Berberidis, Greek Signal Processing Jam, Presentations: Renato De Mori: Spoken Language Recognition and Understanding (presentation), Sergios Theodoridis: Adaptive Processing in a World of Projections (presentation), Nikos Sidiropoulos: Analyzing Data ‘Boxes’: Multi-way linear algebra and its applications in signal processing and communications (presentation), Costantine Kotropoulos: Music genre classification with multilinear and sparse techniques (presentation), Kostas Berberidis: Signal Processing & Communication Issues in Sensor Networks, image slide show, other material: Jam Poster, 17 October 2009, New Amphitheater, University of Athens, Athens, Greece.
- Maria Sabrina Greco, EURASIP Seminar day on Radar Signal Processing: Hot topics and new trends, seminar material 1, seminar material 2, seminar material 3, photo 1, photo 2, 25 September 2009, Pisa, Italy.
- Simon Haykin, Cubature Filters (pdf presentation), photo 1, photo 2, photo 3, 18 September 2009, Universidad Politecnica de Madrid, Madrid, Spain.